Microsoft is going to buy the US branch of TikTok.Donald Trump is going to ban Chinese video app TikTok in the US. In this situation, the world famous information technology company Microsoft has taken initiative to buy the US branch of TikTok.
US branch of TikTok
According to the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, Microsoft is in talks with Bit-dance, the US branch of TikTok.The US media also published a report on Friday. It is written that the final talks are going on between the two organizations.
About US branch of TikTok
TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by Byte-dance, a Beijing-based Internet technology company founded in 2012 by Zhang Yiming. It is used to create short dance, lip-sync, comedy and talent videos.Byte-dance first launched Douyin for the Chinese market in September 2016.
Features of TikTok
- The TikTok mobile app allows users to create a short video of themselves which often feature music in the background, can be sped up, slowed down or edited with a filter. They can also add their own sound on top of the background music. To create a music video with the app, users can choose background music from a wide variety of music genres, edit with a filter and record a 15-second video with speed adjustments before uploading it to share with others on TikTok or other social platforms.They can also film short lip-sync videos to popular songs.
- TikTok employs artificial intelligence to analyze users’ interests and preferences through their interactions with the content, and display a personalized content feed for each user.
- TikTok has proven to attract the younger generation, as 41% of its users are between the ages of 16 and 24. Among these TikTok users, 90% say they use the app on a daily basis. As of May 2020, there are 30 million monthly active users in the United States alone.
- As of July 2018, TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes a day on the app, and 9 out of 10 users claim to use TikTok daily.
- TikTok became the world’s most downloaded app on Apple’s App Store in the first half of 2018 with an estimated 104 million downloads in that time. Studies have shown that in just one year, short videos in China have gone up by 94.8 million.
Controversies in TikTok
- Many countries showed concerns regarding the content of TikTok which is thought to be obscene, immoral, vulgar and encouraging of pornography. There have been temporary blocks and warnings issued by countries including Indonesia, Bangladesh,India,and Pakistan over the content concern.
- As with other platforms,journalists in several countries have raised privacy concerns about the app.
Several users have reported endemic cyber-bullying on TikTok,including racism.
.Microsoft is going to Buy TikTok
But with a new concern about using TikTok in US Branch, the media thinks that this financial transaction will be worth billions of dollars. Discussions have taken place between representatives of Microsoft, Byte-dance and the White House.
According to various sources, they are expected to reach a decision by Monday.
Recently, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also opened his mouth with that Chinese video app. He alleged that TikTok was stealing personal information of US citizens. Talking about this, he also raised the issue of banning ticking in India. Meanwhile, Trump said on Friday that ticking was going to be banned in the United States.
For further information visit our website Techupdatenews.